The Center for Zodiac And General Palm OS Users, But mostly Zodiac. :)

Friday, July 22, 2005

ZodAttack Blob!

zodattack logo wannabe
Here's a dumb little sketch I did a week or so ago, whenever it was I found MoePaint.

I also just discovered a free alternative font hack for OS5/Zodiac! Using YAHM (Yet Another Hack Manager) and FontHackV, you can load any replace all 4 of the default system fonts as well as customize the fonts used per application. Pretty rad stuff. Be careful, some of the fonts I tried caused crashes in DateBook and Todo List. Through trial and error I found a nice small font that works in all of my applications but Todo, and set Todo to the default fonts. Having small fonts is nice because you can fit more information on the screen at a time and still have it legible. (at least on today's devices, with good eyesight...)

I now own a Think Outside IR wireless keyboard and so far it's working good. So maybe I'll start writing my great cyberpunk novel again after all.... who knows? I could publish it to eBook format!

I'm also in the process of learning the rudiments of Palm development in C (and at some point in HandBasic for ease of forms dev) and so am of course playing with the OnBoard Suite. Cool stuff, you can code, compile and assemble working prcs right on the palm. For free!

Anyway, peace!
-tank.

5 Comments:

Blogger fuhgettaboutit123 said...

Just wanted to add that after downloading the newest YAHM and FontHackV, Todo List is no longer crashing. Sweet!

Friday, July 22, 2005 12:53:00 PM

 
Blogger Fammy said...

OnBoardC is pretty cool. I dabbled for a while with it. But it's just too hard to program with a stylus.

Good blog, keep it coming.

Friday, July 22, 2005 1:25:00 PM

 
Blogger fuhgettaboutit123 said...

I use fitaly if I'm seriously space constrained, you really can enter a lot of text quite quickly with it, it's not just a gimick.

I also recently got the wireless keys so it works even better with that. I just wish SrcEdit was fullscreen 480x320 on Zod (I think on Clie it is...?) but it's nice as is.

Seems both RsrcEdit and Bird are both limited to 160x160 screens even though you can enter larger sizes for forms. Is this because you have to change display modes to change resolution in Palm or what? (I'm completely new to it and basically haven't even started going over Hello World source code yet)

Side note to my above comment, Todo List is still crashing when you hide the DIA, but was working fine before. Guess I'm gonna have to find a font that works...

Friday, July 22, 2005 1:41:00 PM

 
Blogger IZodiac said...

If you're only gonna edit graphics, try looking for TbmpEdit. It's great software, fullscreen, and supports double density (HiRes) images.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 1:19:00 AM

 
Blogger fuhgettaboutit123 said...

Thanks for the recommendation, checking it out right now! (found it immediately on sourceforge, but here's the link for others to follow)

Any idea about hires forms editing on palm?

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 8:57:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
WWW http://zodattack.blogspot.com

Add free live chat to your page with liveHarmony