The Center for Zodiac And General Palm OS Users, But mostly Zodiac. :)

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Zodiac RMA service back in business!

It seems i'm the first here,
Check out the news from Tapland or read on!

Shortened article
Olympic Systems, Inc., the company formerly responsible for refurbishing RMA'd Tapwave products, has come to the aid of the Zodiac user community by offering repair service to individual owners. The company has enough parts and Zodiacs on hand to begin performing screen and battery replacements as well as miscellaneous repairs. Efforts are underway to line up future parts supplies from original manufacturers and vendors. While current stockpiles last, prices are estimated at $80 for screen replacement and $30 to $40 for most other repairs. Ground shipping will be no more than $20, with overnight shipping available too. In addition, Sogotis, who wrote Olympic Systems' Zodiac repair protocols, plans to make detailed procedures available to owners interested in doing their own repairs. "I was a part of the sustaining engineering team which focused on identifying problems and finding the solutions, so I am available for those questions as well," he writes. It is not yet clear what Zodiac parts will be available for purchase. Additional details will be announced as they become available.

2 Comments:

Blogger fuhgettaboutit123 said...

Wow, I might actually be able to extend the life of my Zod? And to think, I've already resigned myself to buying a Treo when my Zod perishes (I hope I have that kind of money available at that point!) and relegating emu duties to my PSP (which so far is doing a pretty good job, though smoothing is dearly missed...)

If I can replace the power button, replace the ribbon connecting the Home and Function button plate to the mainboard, and maybe replace my screen for less than, say, 150 bucks (I'm fine with them shipping parts to me, I really don't want to wait for repairs and I don't have the money to pay for overnight shiping on ANYTHING) I may just invest some money in this thing!

Tapwave is dead, long live the Zodiac!

-tank.

Sunday, September 04, 2005 12:21:00 AM

 
Blogger fuhgettaboutit123 said...

I've got a reply from the dude (Sogotis) already! Cross your fingers for me!

-tank.

Monday, September 05, 2005 2:38:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
WWW http://zodattack.blogspot.com

Add free live chat to your page with liveHarmony